Welcome graduate students and postdoctoral scholars!
- Assess strengths and aspirations
- Set professional development and career goals
- Learn how to develop a personal brand
- Navigate career opportunities and explore the best career fit
- Network and build professional relationships
- Practice and enhance career readiness competencies
- Leverage strengths and become career ready
- Conduct effective job searches, craft application materials, and prepare for interviewing
- Enter the job market and land your dream job!
When to get involved?
Anytime! Whether your career is at the forefront of your goals or not yet, whether you want to pursue a faculty job or a career path outside of academia, and regardless of where you are in your academic journey, it is never too early or too late for you to engage with opportunities for career exploration and advancement.
What do we offer?
- Individual face-to-face and online career coaching
- Informational sessions
- Educational seminars
- Hands-on workshops
- Career development resources
What do we cover?
- Self-assessment of career needs and Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Professional portfolio: Resume, CV, Cover Letter, etc.
- Presence in the professional world: LinkedIn and social media
- Academic and professional networking
- Successful job search
- Mock interviews
- And more!